Friday, June 6, 2008

wow

Okay. My cousin Kristine informed me that I have not updated my blog recently. I didn't realize it had been THREE MONTHS. My apologies to those of you who (used to?) read it often.

Spring Break in March was glorious - seven days off from school. We also had a slew of visitors: my parents, Curt's mom, two of my aunts and Curt's cousin Pete et al. I would post pictures of all if I had them, but I only have photos from Shirley's (Curt's mom) visit.





I don't remember much else about March...school kept me pretty busy. I spent all of April getting ready for the Evening of Fine Arts. I had my (small) choir perform, a student of mine did a solo, and my 2nd graders were absolutely adorable performing "La Mariposa" (The Butterfly). I wish I had pictures of it! The whole show was judged, and my students went home with nothing. That didn't stop me from being proud of them, though!

I'm getting ahead of myself. In April, I went to Minnesota for a long weekend. I spent most of it taking pictures of Jack. :)





I also saw some college friends in Minneapolis.





Back to May...I played piano for the 8th grade promotion (Pomp and Circumstance, of course). The last day of school, I took about 30 students to a children's theater production of Cinderella. Most of my students have never been to a play. I think they had a really fantastic time. My superintendent organized the trip; his rotary club paid for the tickets.

School got out on May 31st. Our 1st wedding anniversary was on the 26th; we went camping last weekend to celebrate.





Since we got back from camping, we have gotten pretty good at lounging around the house. :) I'm reading three books, playing guitar, and hanging out by the pool a lot. Curt is in-between temp assignments and is keeping me company.

Next Friday I leave for San Francisco, and from there it's onto Minnesota! I will be sure to keep this thing more updated in the upcoming months. :)

Til next time,
Nicole

1 comment:

Taiwan Tales said...

Thanks for the update, nik. It sounds like your spring was pretty full of adventures...I hope the summer allows you some more time to relax.

Kris