Sunday, August 19, 2007

weekend

I am writing from my computer at home! Hooray! We just got the Internet going today.

It was a good weekend...Friday night we checked out a club called e4 in Scottsdale. It was good but not quite the club we're looking for. I think there are a lot of other places in Scottsdale but not sure if any of those are right either...we'll keep trying.

Saturday I got some planning done at this coffeehouse in the neighborhood, Willo House. It really is in a house, and there are several different rooms with art on the walls and little Mexican trinkets for sale. I will definitely be going back there.

Saturday night we went to see the movie Ratatouille, which was really cute. :) We saw Happy Feet last weekend, which was even better and I would highly reccommend it.

Today we were extremely productive. We went to Ikea and got a kitchen table, a bookshelf (for movies), two poster frames, a shoe rack and a thing to put kitchen utensils in, for $150! Part of it was paid for by a wedding gift card (thank you!). We put everything together this afternoon - our apartment is finally coming together.

Tonight there was a 'family dinner' for other teachers from Sullivan. It was pretty informal, everyone just brought some food and drinks and hung out. Curt came too and met some people which was nice.

He is currently in the living room reading through the Sunday classifieds for jobs. He had an interview with Wells Fargo last Monday but didn't hear back from them so he's going to start looking again.

I need to do some more planning so I'd best be going. I was going to take some pictures but my camera needs new batteries. Soon, I promise!

Love,
Nicole

No comments: